Resourcing churches to pray for unengaged Muslim people groups.

Part of the PRAY FOR ZERO prayer initiative.

THE STORY SO FAR...

There are 768 different Muslim people groups in the world today, with populations over 100,000, representing an incredibly diverse community making up a total of 1.6 billion people. 

 

The good news is that over 75% of those Muslim people groups have a church or a church planting team in place! That leaves less than 25%, or 179 people groups, without such a resident gospel presence.

In the year 2000, there were still approximately 300 unengaged Muslim people groups with populations over 100,000. As of 2018, that number is down to 179, and we believe God wants that number to reach zero! 

PRAY FOR ZERO is a prayer initiative which seeks to see the remaining 179 people groups adopted for a year of prayer by 179 churches across the island of Ireland.

ADOPTING A PEOPLE GROUP?

 

 

Adopting a people group for prayer is a great way to develop the prayer life of a church.

 

The idea is that a church makes a commitment to pray for an unengaged Muslim people group for a minimum of a year. The goal is to raise up daily prayer for 12 months, with a minimum of 12 people each praying for 30 days in turn.

Some churches have 12 individuals, couples or families praying to cover each month; other have 12 small groups taking it in turn.  Others have used a combination of small groups, seniors, youth groups, women’s group or Sunday School class.

Whatever way your church chooses to organise it, we want to thank you for praying!

WHAT RESOURCES ARE PROVIDED?

 

Frontiers Ireland provides each church with:

 

- A bespoke 30 day prayer guide, with specific information about the people group, a country profile, daily readings from Luke’s Gospel and three prayer topics each day.

- 90 copies of the prayer guide per church (although you can order more if you wish).

- A framed 'Certificate of Adoption'.

- 'Pray for Zero' silicone wristbands.

- Downloadable video resources and graphics.

 

INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT MORE?

We'd love to hear from you. Call us: (028) 9068 1656 or email us: info@frontiersireland.org

 

"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb."

 

- Revelation 7:9

Frontiers Ireland is a company limited by Guarantee No. NI 38083

HMRC Charity Ref. No. XR36273

 

P.O. Box 1308,

Belfast,

BT7 1RH,

Northern Ireland


Tel: (028) 90681 656

Fax: 0870 133 3645

Connect with us!

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Twitter - White Circle
  • Vimeo - White Circle